CSST piping fires. CSST gas pipe fires in Frisco, TX
Tennessee State Fire Marshal's Office Provides Tips on Lightning SafetyIf you can hear thunder, you are within striking distance of lightning. Look for shelter inside a home, large building, or a hard-topped vehicle right away. Do not go under tall trees for shelter. There is no place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm. Wait at least 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder before leaving your shelter. Stay away from windows and doors. If you are in or on open water, go to land and seek shelter immediately. If you feel your hair stand on end, that means lightning is about to strike. Squat low to the ground on the balls of your feet. Place
Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) - The New Gas Line ...
A few months ago, I wrote a blog about how great PEX tubing, and today I will discuss the equivalent for gas piping - pipes corrugated stainless steel, which is commonly known as CSST. It is a product that can be used to distribute natural gas or propane throughout the buildings.
A very brief history of the CSST
The main attraction of the CSST, that it is flexible and relatively easy to install compared to the standard gas piping.The gas connections to the pipework must be screwed laboriously, and the pipe itself must be measured, cut, bored, threaded, then cleaned. With the CSST tubing just gets cut to length and a fitting attached to the end. It is easy to understand why it has become a popular product.
Safety Advocates, Lawyers Target Big Box Retailers In 'Yellow CSST' Natural Gas Pipe Issue
- MIDDLETOWN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OmegaFlex, Inc., (NASDAQ:OFLX) the leading provider of flexible gas tubing, today reiterated its commitment to the national corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) safety standards – American National Standards
- As Buddy Holly's hometown considers becoming the first U.S. community to adopt a new standard for a certain type of gas piping, an advocacy foundation is asking big-box retailers Lowe's, Home Depot and Menards to stop selling the “yellow CSST”
- The City of Lubbock for allowing Fire and Emergency Services, Building Officials and the Model Codes & Construction Advisory Board to spend considerable time and resources examining the issues relating to CSST (Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing).
- More information about the ordinance can be found here. The city council also passed some building code changes, with some local amendments. There was a lot of discussion about corrugated stainless steel tubing, or CSST, which is a gas tubing product.
- One could also argue that's what's happening in Lubbock, where Brennen Teel's 2012 death was blamed on lightning and the failure of what's called “yellow” Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST). Brennen Teel's parents, Ken and Becky Teel, later