CSST piping fires. CSST gas pipe fires in Frisco, TX
Tennessee State Fire Marshal's Office Provides Tips on Lightning SafetyIf you can hear thunder, you are within striking distance of lightning. Look for shelter inside a home, large building, or a hard-topped vehicle right away. Do not go under tall trees for shelter. There is no place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm. Wait at least 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder before leaving your shelter. Stay away from windows and doors. If you are in or on open water, go to land and seek shelter immediately. If you feel your hair stand on end, that means lightning is about to strike. Squat low to the ground on the balls of your feet. Place
Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) - The New Gas Line ...
A few months ago, I wrote a blog about how great PEX tubing, and today I will discuss the equivalent for gas piping - pipes corrugated stainless steel, which is commonly known as CSST. It is a product that can be used to distribute natural gas or propane throughout the buildings.
A very brief history of the CSST
The main attraction of the CSST, that it is flexible and relatively easy to install compared to the standard gas piping.The gas connections to the pipework must be screwed laboriously, and the pipe itself must be measured, cut, bored, threaded, then cleaned. With the CSST tubing just gets cut to length and a fitting attached to the end. It is easy to understand why it has become a popular product.
Get savvy about lightning safety
- As Buddy Holly's hometown considers becoming the first U.S. community to adopt a new standard for a certain type of gas piping, an advocacy foundation is asking big-box retailers Lowe's, Home Depot and Menards to stop selling the “yellow CSST”
- KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Are you being savvy about lightning safety? The State Fire Marshal's Office is warning everyone to follow lightning safety tips. Lightning fires are to blame for two deaths and $34.5 million in property damage in the past five
- Check your home for yellow corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST). Yellow CSST is a flexible, stainless steel pipe used since 1989 to supply natural gas and propane in many buildings. People who have Yellow CSST in their home are encouraged to
- A 2012 lightning incident, the resulting house fire and tragic death of a 31-year-old Texan, combined with the resulting civil litigation, seem poised to change how at least one community regulates the flexible pipes that funnel natural gas into
- CSST is a flexible, stainless steel pipe used to supply natural gas and propane in residential, commercial and industrial structures. Coated with a yellow or occasionally black exterior plastic coating, CSST is usually routed beneath, through and